This article refers to the Stats tool available in Version 13.5 and earlier. Version 14.0 Insights has a completely redesigned Stats functionality and is included with your software upgrades if you're active on maintenance. Learn more about Version 14.0 feature enhancements.
Stats is a tracking and reporting tool custom-built for Intranet Connections software. As a site administrator you have the ability to track site usage including page popularity, user logins, browsing behavior, and specific content tracking.
In This Article
The Stats link is available at the top of your Admin links on your intranet. The link should look similar to the one shown below.
If you don’t see this link, you may need to enable Stats from your Admin > Setup > Stats > validate purchase area. If you don’t have Stats, please email email@example.com to contact our Support team to add on this feature for a one-time purchase cost.
From the Intranet Connections Blog
The Logins tab allows you to track the users who are logging into your site, including administrators and anonymous access. Charts provide a visual display of report data, and you can drill down to view details such as who, when, IP address, browser and operating system. Filter report criteria by:
- User type (user, admin, anonymous)
- Totals (show total number of logins including all three types)
- Time frame (day, week, month, year, date range)
The Visits tab provides comprehensive reporting on what applications your users are visiting on the site. Reports are broken down per application/department, category and item level. Quickly show the most popular applications, articles and items on the site.
As with all reports in the Stats Software, visits will provide a chart display of data. Drill down to show additional details about users and time of access. Select from Applications, Application Categories, or search by specific content items.
- Filter by page, application, folder or item
- Summarize data by date range, by number of visits, by application or category
- Drill down to see path of access to content
- Audit individual user access to content
Track site actions and user progress through the site. Run reports on individual user browsing patterns and add/edit/delete transactions.
As you build reports, you have the option to save them for future reference. Your saved reports will display within the Saved Reports box which is located on each of the tabs via Stats ordered by date created (most recent at the top).
To save a report that you have generated navigate to the tab of your choice (Logins, Visits etc.) and generate a report. After generating the report there will be a save report button located below "change report criteria". After clicking Save Report you will have the option to enter the Title & Comments, click Save to finalize your report.
After saving your report it will be located under the Saved Reports box for that specific stats tab.
The Admin tab allows you to set the default report view when generating reports as well as setting the default popularity.
- Default Report View: When generating a report this will be the default report type that is shown. You can choose between Chart & Summary.
- Default Popularity: When generating a report this will be the default top Item/Application results. This value can be changed when generating the report as well.
The Admin tab also allows you to define any users who will have full access to the site statistics. Select the user you wish to assign these permissions to and select add. After adding this user to the security settings when that user logs in they will have access to the stats menu.
Tracking Application Visits
One common Stat to track is Application Visits to a specific Application on the Site. In order to track Application Visits load the Stats menu with a user which currently has access to this menu. After loading the Stats menu select the Visits tab.
Right away you should be presented with the Top Application Visits along with Top Items:
On the right panel there should be a box labelled Build Reports and within this menu will be an option Application Visits. Select this option from that list:
After loading Application Visits from the Build Reports menu you will be faced with two options for the Application Type. You have the option of choosing between Application and or Departments:
- Applications: Applications are specific Applications that have been created on the site from the Applications tab on your Site. Some examples of these applications are: E-Form Builder (Feature App), Documents (Appbuilder) etc.
- Departments: Departments are specific Department pages that have been created on the Site. When selecting this option you will have the choice to choose the specific Department Page.
Select Applications as the primary Application Type. Located just below Application Type will be the list of available applications that you can currently choose from; select one from the list.
Next option available is the Report Type:
- Unique Visits: Selecting unique visits for a report type will show only entry level visits to an application or category. For example, if a user enters in the 'Announcements' application and then clicks into several categories and items in that session, only one 'visit' to the application will be shown. This prevents the displaying of individual visits/hits if a user repeatedly clicks on an item or category.
- Activity: Selecting activity for a report type will show all visits/hits within that application or category and the report results will show a drill down of individual activity.
Next option available is the Order By:
- # of Visits: This will order by the number of visits for the current Application selected.
- Application: This will order by the Application name.
After selecting your options you will have the choice of setting the Time Frame for the Application Visits:
- Day: Selecting Day will give you the option for Today, Last # Day(s), Date Range.
- Week: Selecting Week will give you the option for This Week, Last # Week(s), Date Range.
- Month: Selecting Month will give you the option for This Month, Last # Month(s), Date Range.
- Year: Selecting Year will give you the option for This Year, Last # Year(s), Date Range
- Date Range: When you select this option you have the choice of specifying a specific range for the Time Frame selected. For example if you had chosen Year as the Time Frame and you selected Date Range you could provide a specific Yearly Date Range.
After selecting your options for the Report select the Submit button to build your custom Report. Located near the top of the Report will be a preview of the options you have selected. Next to that will be options for changing the Report criteria along with saving the Report for later use.
Some other options to take note of are:
- Chart Type: You can change the Chart type on the fly.
- View the Chart in Full Screen mode.
Export the Report details to Excel, PDF, Flash.