To set up a new datasource for the Intranet, you need to log into Railo or Lucee Web Admin. The default password is set to ‘connections’.
- Lucee (Version 13.5+) HTTP://YOURSERVERNAME/lucee/admin/web.cfm
- Railo ( Version 13.0) HTTP://YOURSERVERNAME/railo-context/admin/web.cfm
Once logged in, locate Datasource under Services on the left. Create your datasource with the following settings:
- Name: SQLfunctions
- Type: MSSQL Microsoft SQL Server (Vendor jTDS)
- Click create
- Host/Server: Enter the hostname of the server your SQL database is installed on
- Database: Enter the name of the database; this is typically IntranetConnections
- Username: Enter a username with rights to the database; this is typically IntranetConnections
- Password: Enter the corresponding password; this is typically ICu$er&[email protected]
- Click create
The datasource will be verified. You should see a green ‘OK’ at the end of the line with the datasource listed. If you don’t, you will see an error.
If the error refers to an incorrect login, verify the username and password you’ve entered. You should be able to connect to the database using SQL Management Studio with the credentials entered.
If the error refers to ‘NetworkIOError’, the port number is incorrect. To correct this, open SQL Configuration Manager on the SQL server and expand SQL Server Network Configuration
- Click protocols for INTRACONNECTIONS
- Select TCP/IP then right click and select properties
- Click the IP Addresses tab
- Scroll to the bottom and your port is listed under TCP Dynamic Ports