Several common issues occur with video embeds, as listed below.
Accepted video file formats within Intranet Connections are listed below. If a video isn't in one of these formats, it won't upload.
- 3G2 (must use H.264 or VP6 codecs)
Error During Video Upload
Sometimes when users attempt to upload a video they may get a server error message as shown below.
To resolve this, increase the file upload limit from 30mb to the size required, following the instructions in the Large File Uploads article.
Increase the Request Timeout setting in Railo/Lucee:
- Log into Railo (YOURSERVERNAME/railo-context/admin/web.cfm) or Lucee (YOURSERVERNAME/lucee/admin/web.cfm)
- Click Request in the left menu
- Increase the timeout; the default is 50 seconds.
No video - 200 Stream Not Found
If an added video isn't playing, it may be due to a video URL being pasted, rather than the embed code being used.
To resolve this
- Edit the page and delete the existing video - you may need to click Source and remove the <div> code.
- Go to the webpage of the video you want to embed, find Share on the page and copy the embed code.
Note that if you aren't able to locate Share, the uploader of the video may have chosen not to allow this function for this specific video.
- Return to your intranet page, click Source, and paste the video embed code.
- Click Publish or Save.
Your video should now be embedded and playable.
No Video or Audio
If you don't have video or audio when you attempt to play your video, typically these issues result from videos that have been formatted in a manner that is not supported with the Flowplayer media player feature.
Use one of the converter methods in the Tip below to convert your video format.
Our recommended video converter is Handbrake, available at http://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
If you aren't able to download and install software, we suggest this online converter: www.online-convert.com
Support agents have found it useful to convert an image or video to any other format, then back to the desired format when nothing else seems to be working.