Instructions for upgrading your intranet each step of the way from Version 2.0 to 11.0.
Migrate from MS Access to SQL Database if applicable > backup files > run upgrade installer > restart ColdFusion
Upgrades between Version 5.0 and Version 11.0 are performed incrementally using an upgrade installer. The upgrade process uses the following format:
- Take a backup of your Intranet files and database (see the Access Versus SQL Databases section below)
- Download and run the appropriate upgrade installer
- Launch your intranet
- Enter in the upgrade password
- Restart ColdFusion
As an example, if you are upgrading from Version 9.0 to 11.0, download the upgrade installer for Version 9.5, complete the process indicated above and continue on to Version 10.0.
Access Versus SQL Databases
Prior to Version 10.0, the Intranet uses either Access or SQL databases. To check what you are currently using, navigate to the Admin area of your intranet. The right panel contains Environmental information showing if you are using Access or SQL.
- If your Intranet is currently using Access, do not make the switch to SQL until the 10.0 upgrade when it is required. During the backup process, you'll be backing up the Intranet files folder which contains the Access database.
- If your Intranet is currently using SQL, you'll need to backup both the Intranet files folder and the SQL database. To backup the database, refer to Database Backup for instructions.