In this article, you'll find instructions to upgrade to Version 14.0 Insights, as well as prerequisites required prior to performing the upgrade. Learn more about Version 14.0 features.
Unlike previous upgrades which had to be incremental, this upgrade process can upgrade your software from Version 13.0 directly to Version 14.0.
- Confirm the version of your software is either 13.0.9+ or 13.5.5+
- You must have Super Admin rights on the Intranet
- Web Server access:
- Web Server local admin access - upgrade requires the ability to create a folder on the C drive
- Disable Access Control
- Disable Anti-Virus software
- Apply pending updates and restart the Web Server
- ASP.NET 4.5.2 or higher
- DefaultAppPool (Intranet's AppPool within IIS) requires .NET CLR Version set to v4.0
- IIS configuration
- Disable 'Basic Authentication' on the intranet website (e.g. Default Website)
- SQL Server
- The System Administrator account name and password will be required during the upgrade
- Lucee / Railo Administrator Password
- Example of the path in Version 13.0: http://<servername>/railo-context/admin/web.cfm
- Example of the path in Version 13.5: http://<servername>/lucee/admin/web.cfm
- Default browser
- For new servers, open the default web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) and complete browser configuration.
- Follow the processes outlined to back up the Intranet Database and application files
- Download the 14.0 Upgrade zip file
- Save the file to C:\Temp
- Right-click on the file > click Properties > check the box beside 'Unblock' > click OK
- The Username is the email address of the primary contact we have on file
- The Password is your product serial number (located on your Intranet Admin > Setup tab)
- Right click the zipped IntranetConnectionsUpgrade14.0.0.zip folder and select ‘Extract All…’, follow on-screen prompts to complete file extraction on the server
- In the IntranetConnectionsUpgrade14.0.0 folder Open InstallDetails.txt
Copy the content of InstallDetails.txt to your clipboard
- Refer to the image located below the instructions to update the password for the Railo Web Administrator (Version 13.0) or Lucee Web Administrator (Version 13.5) if this password has been changed
- Navigate to your Intranet
- Go to “Admin” > In “Settings” section > under “Extensions” header > Execute Custom Code (You must be logged in as a Super Admin to see this option)
- Paste into the message box area of the execute custom code box and click “execute”
- Your browser will download an XML file containing configuration details of your intranet
- Save this file and place it on your web server in the IntranetConnectionsUpgrade14.0.0\config folder
- If you're upgrading from Version 13.0
- Look for and uninstall the IIS URL Rewrite Module 2.0 as an installed Programs
- Right-click the start.bat file located in the IntranetConnectionsUpgrade14.0.0 folder > click “Run as administrator”
- The install will prompt for the database’s administrator login and password, use the SQL Server System Administrator login
- When prompted to keep IIS features and roles, click Yes
- At the end of the upgrade a web browser will open up to clean up files that are no longer needed. If this page takes a long time to load refresh the page
- You may need to complete this step on your workstation. Simply copy the URL into a browser on your machine
- Once the upgrade process is complete, the command prompt window will ask you to press any key to exit the upgrader
- Navigate to your intranet Admin page and verify you're on version 14.0 and Lucee version 4.5.5.006
Replace 'connections' with your Railo Web Administrator or Lucee Web Administrator password as shown in the image below
Depending on environmental configurations, you may encounter an error during the upgrade process. If a problem occurs, the upgrade process will stop and an error message will be displayed in the command prompt window, something similar to below.
You can review the log of what occurred by navigating to the timestamped log file located in IntranetConnectionsUpgrade14.0.0\logs.
Please email the contents of the log file to email@example.com to open up a ticket and we'll work with you to resolve any issues encountered.